Sunday, July 11, 2010

1st Annual Blog Bash

Blog Bash




Hey there!  Thanks for visiting my little part of the Blogosphere, A Dad's Take.  I'm Nick Lewis, 29 years old from the great state of Ohio. I was born and raised in Southern Ohio but now live in West Central Ohio with my wife and 4 children.  I love the Cincinnati Reds and Bengals but watching my 8 year old play is way more exciting these days.





I graduated high school in 1999 and shortly after met my future wife, Sarah. We got married a year later in 2000 and had our first child in 2002.  Now in 2010, we are getting ready to celebrate 10 years of marriage and we have 4 wonderful children who are 8, 7, 5 and 5 months.  We live in a crazy, loud house but we have gotten used to it. Now when the kids are gone and it's quiet, it just doesn't feel right.



I am new to the world of blogging. I started it as kind of a challenge from my wife who didn't believe I could create and maintain a blog on my own. I think I am doing a good job at it so far, even though I have found that it is definitely a lot of work.  I like to blog about my family and my opinion when it comes to parenting because I think sometimes Dad's get overlooked. I sure appreciate reading about issues that other Dad's have so I am hoping that Mom's and Dad's alike will enjoy reading my take on issues that face Parents today.  That's where my blog title came from. There are millions of Mom blogs out there....A Dad's Take is a fresh, new perspective.

I hope you all will stick around for awhile and if you like what you read, feel free to follow along or sign up for email updates so you don't miss anything. I hope you will find A Dad's Take to be similar to a good book, one that you will be excited to read and hate to put down!



6 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! I'm glad you've joined me and the other bashers for the party!! :)

    Love the picture of your little one reading! hehe

    ps, I think watching little ones play is so much more exciting! (:

    Have a great day and Blog Bash week! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! Can't wait to read more :)

    Happy Blog Bash week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading things from the dads point of view! stopping by from the bash and hope to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopped over from the blog bash and it is a nice change to find a male perspective in the blogosphere. I am a reading fool so I am sure I will be caught up on your story fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping from the Bash! It was great to learn about your life. I love the picture of your little one reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping in from the Blog Bash! It's definitely a change to read from a dad's perspective :) Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete