Thursday, July 15, 2010

Finally, a trophy!

I shared with you a couple weeks ago about the pain of watching your child’s heart break from disappointment but this time, I want to share the JOY of watching your child’s heart swell with pride when they win!!




Over the weekend we had our 2nd baseball tournament of the Summer. We only had to drive around 25 minutes this time but we had a total of 6 games scheduled over a 2 day period. The first day was by far the worst. We had to be in the batting cages by 8 a.m. and then on the field for our first game by 9:30 a.m. It was incredibly HOT!!! We won our first game and then we had a 3 hour wait until our next game. We had 3 games right in a row and our boys were whipped! I don’t know how they did it but they managed to win all 4 games on Saturday to make it back for the Semi-Finals and the Championship game on Sunday!



Saturday night we didn’t feel like going home so we drove about 20 miles North of where the tournament was and stayed at my in-laws. The kids love staying with Grandma and Grandpa and we had some of the best pizza ever!!!

Our first game on Sunday was at 1:00 and we won it with no problems so it was on to the Championship game! Watching those boys was amazing! I can’t believe how far they have come since their first practice but they were cranking the ball harder than I have ever seen them. Most of them had several doubles and triples and a couple of them (My son included!) got homeruns!!  Papaw pays $20 for homeruns in the Championship Game!!!




We left there undefeated Champions! We went 6-0. Talk about a good feeling! Andrew smiled from ear to ear the entire day.




 As tired as we were, the kids still had energy from somewhere so we went back to my in-law’s and took the kids out for some fun. We ended our night with bowling , pizza and a Chuck E Cheese arcade. The kids had mega tickets to cash in at the end of the night and the greatest thing was when our 5 year old beat our 7 and 8 year olds in bowling!! We ended up staying another night at my in-law’s too so when Monday rolled around, we were definitely ready to get back home and back to a normal routine!

Now I REALLY can’t wait until our next tournament! I love baseball. It reminds me of when I was a kid. I want Andrew to play because he loves it and because he is good at it and it makes him feel good. I hope I can always be an encouragement to him to continue playing. There was nothing better than seeing him, smiling ear to ear when he looked up at me and said "Look Dad! Finally a trophy!!"




No comments:

Post a Comment